30mar10:30 AM1:00 PMMasterClass with MasterChef Sowmiya: Indian Vegetarian/Vegan Curries & FlatBreads (Class 1 - Vegan Butter Masala Curries with Lachha Parantha)10:30 AM - 1:00 PM The Providore Cooking Studio Event Organized By: EatRoamLive
ABOUT THE CLASS Indian Vegetarian/Vegan Curries and Flatbreads Series
ABOUT THE CLASS
Indian Vegetarian/Vegan Curries and Flatbreads Series ($160 inclusive of Hands-on Cooking + Lunch):
This will be the first of a 3-part series where participants will learn to cook a base curry from scratch, without using a “curry powder”, and then adapt it into 2 different dishes. You will also acquire skills in making speciality Indian flatbreads! After the 3 weeks, you will be able to cook combinations of Indian meals to include different Indian curries and handmade Indian speciality flatbreads. The class does not require prior cooking skills and you can sign up for 1 class or all 3. Check out Class 2 (Spinach Curries with Missi Roti) and Class 3 (Coconut Curries with Khameeri Roti).
ABOUT THE CHEF
MasterChef Singapore Finalist Sowmiya Venkatesan is passionate about contributing to eating fresh, eating right and eating better. She loves cooking, creating recipes that excite the palate and feeding people. Sowmiya adds a modern, healthier twist to classic dishes that have taken Indian food to all corners of the world.
Sowmiya loves to play with flavours, texture combinations and spices, and she pairs new ingredients with traditional dishes. This gives her food unique taste profiles and depth of character. Sowmiya herself is a vegetarian, so executing veg*n plates is not an afterthought for her.
Vegan Broccoli “Butter Masala” Curry; Fenugreek “Lachha” Paratha; Tofu “Butter Masala” (Demo)
– Amongst the most popular Indian dishes in the world, Butter Masala is an indulgent, buttery, mildly spiced curry that is tomato based and slow-cooked to perfection. This easy-to-make, healthier recipe is a dairy-free version with cashew nuts providing the butteriness. Participants will learn to adapt the base curry into 2 dishes:
- Broccoli Butter Masala
- Tofu Butter Masala
– Paired with unleavened, whole wheat, Fenugreek Lachha Paratha that doesn’t need the fuss of flipping and tossing. A recipe from North India with its name derived from two words, ”parat” meaning layers and ”atta” meaning flour.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Fresh ingredients & fully-equipped kitchen
- Hands-on cooking (in pairs/groups), participants will cook 2 of the 3 dishes from scratch
- Printed Recipes provided
- 10% off store-wide for shopping at The Providore on the day
- Aprons & Water provided
- Post-workshop mingling and eating
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING
(Saturday) 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM
The Providore Cooking Studio
6A Shenton Way, OUE Downtown Gallery