27apr10:30 AM1:00 PMMasterClass with MasterChef Sowmiya: Indian Vegetarian/Vegan Curries & FlatBreads (Class 3 - Coconut Curry Dishes with Khameeri Roti )10:30 AM - 1:00 PM The Providore Cooking Studio Event Organized By: EatRoamLive
ABOUT THE CLASS
ABOUT THE CLASS
Indian Vegetarian/Vegan Curries and Flatbreads Series ($160 inclusive of Hands-on Cooking + Lunch):
This will be the first of a 3-part series where participants will learn to cook a base curry from scratch, without using a “curry powder”, and then adapt it into 2 different dishes. You will also acquire skills in making speciality Indian flatbreads! After the 3 weeks, you will be able to cook combinations of Indian meals to include different Indian curries and handmade Indian speciality flatbreads. The class does not require prior cooking skills and you can sign up for 1 class or all 3. Check out Class 1 (Vegan Butter Masala Curries with Lachha Prantha) and Class 2 (Spinach Curries with Missi Roti).
ABOUT THE CHEF
MasterChef Singapore Finalist Sowmiya Venkatesan is passionate about contributing to eating fresh, eating right and eating better. She loves cooking, creating recipes that excite the palate and feeding people. Sowmiya adds a modern, healthier twist to classic dishes that have taken Indian food to all corners of the world.
Sowmiya loves to play with flavours, texture combinations and spices, and she pairs new ingredients with traditional dishes. This gives her food unique taste profiles and depth of character. Sowmiya herself is a vegetarian, so executing veg*n plates is not an afterthought for her.
Mixed Vegetable Coconut Curry; Fennel “Khameeri/Khamiri” Roti; Roast Potatoes Coconut Curry (demo)
– A coconut-based uncomplicated recipe that guarantees taste. This Vegan turmeric curry, principally makes your life simple. Made with a variety of vegetables, this yellow hue of goodness offers a great way to increase your intake of vegetables. Inspired from Southern India, this recipe is a good way to show off a Laksa-like coconut milk-turmeric taste profile to any audience. Participants will learn to adapt the base curry into 2 dishes:
- Mixed Vegetable Coconut Curry
- Roast Potatoes Coconut Curry
– Paired with a vegan “Khameeri” that is a leavened flatbread with yeast and fennel with a twist. Originated in the Mughal era, ‘Khameer’ or ‘Khamir’ is an Urdu word meaning yeast.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Fresh ingredients & fully-equipped kitchen
- Hands-on cooking (in pairs/groups), participants will cook 2 of the 3 dishes from scratch
- Printed Recipes provided
- 10% off store-wide for shopping at The Providore on the day
- Aprons & Water provided
- Post-workshop mingling and eating
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING
(Saturday) 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM
The Providore Cooking Studio
6A Shenton Way, OUE Downtown Gallery