Sauté is a bistro in Singapore, that specialises in earth-based cuisines. Sauté strongly encourages reducing food wastage and hence is proud to support Project Takeaway – a campaign that focuses on reducing food wastage at a personal level by saving leftovers, specifically in restaurants.
The owners and management of Sauté take several steps to ensure minimal food wastage in their day to day business. Some of those steps are:
- Sauté packs leftover food for customers at no additional cost.
- They encourage customers to bring their own containers for packing takeaway food, to reduce the use of packaging materials.
- At Sauté, recyclable/bio-degradable packaging materials are used as far as possible.
- They also encourage reducing the use of plastic bags/cutlery by always checking with customers if they are needed. Often, customers do not require these if they are packing the food for consumption at home.
- At Sauté, the food is cooked when customers order it. To reduce food wastage, they avoid pre-cooking of food as much as possible.
- They periodically review the menu and remove low-demand dishes, to reduce wastage. For example, Sauté used to serve Cream of Mushroom Soup in the menu but removed it when they realised that more than half a pot of soup was left at the end of the day, for an extended period.
More about Project Takeaway
Project Takeaway is a campaign that focuses on reducing food wastage at a personal level by saving leftovers, specifically in restaurants.
Project Takeaway encourages diners not to over-order while dining at restaurants, and to ask for (edible) leftovers to be packed up.
So, the next time you leave food on the table after your meal, ask yourself if that food belongs in the trash or whether it can be consumed. EDIBLE FOOD DOES NOT BELONG IN THE BIN. If it’s edible, box it. Join this campaign today, to reduce food wastage, in a very simple way. Pack up your leftovers after a meal.
Besides saving leftovers, Project Takeaway encourages and supports reducing food wastage in all forms. We hope that more and more restaurants will join the cause by encouraging diners to pack leftover food after a meal, and by employing other environment-friendly practices that reduce food wastage and increase sustainability.
#ProjectTakeaway #SaveLeftovers #ThinkEatSave #SaveTheFood #Tapao
More About Sauté
The owners of Sauté have enjoyed Earth-based cuisines from a young age, because of which they have benefitted greatly in terms of both physical and mental well-being.
They wanted to bring these benefits out to as many people as possible, and thought there would be no better way than to start something that they could call their own – a place for gatherings, a place to relax and a place to simply enjoy good food. Hence, Sauté was born.
At Sauté, the food is crafted from earth’s natural ingredients which are nutritious, natural and wholesome. Regardless of your lifestyle – vegetarian, vegan, flexitarian, a health enthusiast or simply a love for earth – they have something for you. Their dishes are meat-free and do not contain onion or garlic. They also have vegan options available.
Some of Sauté’s best-selling items include King Oyster Mushroom Burger with Fries and Salad, Pumpkin Tomato Spaghetti, Nasi Briyani and Hawaiian Pizza. They have several other dishes on their menu – pizzas, pastas, burgers, Asian dishes and desserts.
Giveaway – Win a S$20 dining voucher
Share with us how you do your part to reduce food wastage and stand a chance to win a S$20 dining voucher from Sauté. Tag your pictures and entry on Instagram with @saute.sg @eatroamlive #sautesg #ProjectTakeaway #SaveLeftovers #Tapao, and make your account public. Do comment on our Facebook post as well.
The most creative entry will walk away with a S$20 dining voucher from Sauté. Winner will be notified on 31st December, 2016.
EatRoamLive is where our love for food meets our passion for travel. We take you to a culinary tour of all that’s vegetarian and worth sinking your teeth into. The best cafes, restaurants, pubs and more are all here for you to plan your next family meal outing or a cozy dine in. Not just about town, but also at your favourite getaways around the world. Go wherever wanderlust leads you and we will share with you the best itineraries, the places to stay and especially the best in Family Travel.