If you’re looking to indulge your sweet tooth the vegan way this Christmas, we have the perfect recipe for you, contributed by Brunetti, Singapore. The sinfully indulgent Log cake has a Walnut Brownie base topped with a generous layer of choco mousse and is guaranteed to satisfy your sweet Christmas cravings!
RECIPE: Vegan Chocolate Log Cake, with a Walnut Brownie Base topped with Vegan Choco Mousse
Ingredients (for Walnut Chocolate Brownie)
- Flour – 1200 grams
- Cocoa powder – 400gms
- Brown sugar – 800gms
- Sunflower oil – 720ml
- Baking powder – 30gms
- Baking soda – 10gms
- Warm water – 1000ml
- Vanilla essence – 30gms
- Walnut – 200gms
METHOD (for Walnut Chocolate Brownie)
- Sieve flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder at least three times.
- Take all the dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Add oil and whisk it properly.
- Now slowly pour warm water portion by portion.
- Make sure mixture should not be too thin.
- Add vanilla essence and blend it nicely until get a smooth batter.
- Add crushed walnut and mix it gently.
- Bake it in a square brownie pan at 165 degree Celsius preheated oven for around 50 minutes.
- After baking unmold and cool it on wire rack.
- Cut two rectangle strips same as the size of your log cake mould.
Ingredients (for Chocolate Mousse)
- Vegan dark chocolate – 500gms
- Vegan butter – 50gms
- Glucose – 50gms
- Vegan whipping cream – 800gms
- Melt dark chocolate, butter and glucose on a double boiler or in a microwave oven.
- Whip the cream until soft peak stage
- Fold the cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Make sure there should not be any lumps of cream and it mix properly.
- Prepare your log cake mould.
- Pour the mixture until one third of the mould and put one strip of walnut brownie.
- Pour the chocolate mousse on top of the brownie until the rim of the mould.
- Put another sponge to cover the mousse.
- Freeze it in freezer for 8-10 hours.
- Unmold the cake from the mould, either you dust with cocoa powder or spray it with chocolate spray.
- Garnish it with some dark chocolate or fruits.
Vegan Recipe: Plant-based Christmas Root Vegetable & Nut Loaf (From Grand Hyatt Singapore)
Vegan Recipe: Lemon and Asparagus Risotto (From Jamie’s Italian)
Vegetarian Recipe: Creamy Miso Pasta with Brussels Sprouts & Zucchini Ribbons
|BRUNETTI, 163 Tanglin Road, #01-35, Tanglin Mall, Singapore
Brunetti brings together a luscious array of everything we treasure in Italian cooking, in an enticing café space – a Gelateria, Cioccolateria, Pasticceria and more. Famed for its mouth-watering cakes, freshly baked breads, delightfully sinful chocolates and flavourful gelatos, Brunetti satisfies every Italian craving.
EatRoamLive is where our love for food meets our passion for travel. We take you to a culinary tour of all that’s vegetarian and worth sinking your teeth into. The best cafes, restaurants, pubs and more are all here for you to plan your next family meal outing or a cozy dine in. Not just about town, but also at your favourite getaways around the world. Go wherever wanderlust leads you and we will share with you the best itineraries, the places to stay and especially the best in Family Travel.