The easiest, healthiest way to enjoy your fresh tempeh is simply to roast it in the oven and add it to your salad bowl as the main protein. If time is short, we recommend simply drizzling some olive oil and salt before baking it off. A 100 gram serving of tempeh contains 19 grams of protein – comparable to chicken breast which has 21 grams. Our choice of dressing is a grilled lemon but as with all salads, make it yours. Here’s more.
Time: 20 mins
- 100 gm of Tempeh
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Salad ingredients of your choice. We chose avocado, radish, cucumber, spinach, carrots, cherry tomatoes, lemon
- Pre-heat the oven and cut the tempeh into cubes.
- Place tempeh cubes on an oven tray. Drizzle olive oil and sea salt. Mix well.
- Once the oven is hot, place the tempeh cubes in and allow to roast for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- As tempeh cooks, prepare your salad ingredients.
- Allow tempeh to cool before placing on it on the salad. Enjoy!
Also Read: Vegan Recipe – Shimeji Aglio e Olio
|Recipe by TEMPEH CULTURE
Tempeh Culture was founded in late 2018 by a sibling duo to share an inherited family recipe for tempeh. As pioneers of non-GMO, organic tempeh in Singapore, founders Zee and Naf who are fourth generation Singaporeans of Javanese descent decided to do two things: make quality, handmade tempeh available to a wider audience at a time when organic tempeh was unheard of and elevate the appreciation of the humble ingredient.